Horton Lees Brogden Lighting Design (HLB) is an internationally recognized design firm focused on architectural lighting for both interior and exterior environments. We are inspired by the artistry of light and its impact on the natural and architectural environment. We infuse our core values of artistry, legacy, curiosity, balance, and integrity into every project.
We look for individuals who are inspired by our values, who seek to learn and in turn teach others, who respect, value and promote the integrity of our work, who care about the impact we make in people’s lives, and who are responsive to our ever-changing world.
The Design Assistant will support the work of 1 or more team members and assist in the lighting design process.
Achieving Results – Project Responsibilities
- Comprehends tasks and meet schedules – responsibility for assigned tasks and meeting deadlines
- Develops technical skills appropriate to area of expertise and continually improves skills and knowledge through supplemental education, seminars, etc.
- Understands all stages of a project and associated deliverables and is a participant in all stages.
- Assess project needs and communicate to project manager
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, any problems and progress as related to work assignments
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Demonstrates an understanding of QA/QC procedures
- May exhibit expertise or desire to specialize in a specific lighting project type or application (Practice Leader Group – PLG)
Working with Clients – Client Responsibilities
- Enhance HLB’s value to the client and promote the firm
- Uses communication tools to manage client expectations
Working with Teammates and Managers – Management Responsibilities
- Exhibits flexibility
- Interfaces among the principals, design/technical staff and business team as needed.
- Participates in office-wide coordination of resources and staff
HLB’s Corporate Culture and Values – Responsibilities to HLB initiatives
- Represents the firm in a professional manner
- Participation in Designing Our Future/HLB 10:10 Vision, C2Q initiatives
- Reinforce HLB values – Artistry, Curiosity, Balance, Integrity, Legacy
- Looks for opportunities to collaborate with other HLB offices offices on project, DOF, business workgroup avenues in a meaningful way.
Proven technical skills appropriate to work area
Oral and written skills
Computer programs: Revit, Excel, Word, Power Point, Adobe Suite including Acrobat, Photoshop and InDesign, AutoCAD, AGI or Visual or Elum Tools, Diva, Grasshopper, Ecotect, Radiance, Daysim, Rhino, Radiance, Vision – as applicable to their role or business group.
Ability to prioritize / time management skills
Self-motivated and self-directed
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or above in Lighting Design or Architectural Engineering or Architecture or Interior Design or Theatrical Lighting or related education and experience and/or
0 to 3 years’ experience
Certification in Lighting Design (e.g. LC Intern) or certification related to field / degree or endeavoring to obtain it
LEED BD+C or endeavors to achieve
Participate in industry related professional organizations locally
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Horton Lees Brogden Lighting Design takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
To Apply: Please visit our website: https://hlblighting.com/careers/
LOCATION San Francisco