The Flaming Beacon is an established industry leader in the lighting of boutique luxury hospitality projects. We are currently looking for a driven and creative lighting designer to join our Melbourne Studio. If successful, you will be an important member of our team, helping to shape the way people feel and experience architectural spaces for some of the world’s most exclusive hotels.
What you will do:
- Collaborate on projects with notable international architects and designers.
- Work within one of our small teams, on exciting projects, across a range of scales.
- Join a close-knit office culture, which provides a challenging and dynamic work environment for developing motivated lighting design professionals.
- Travel for project-related meetings and site visits, to potentially any part of the world.
- Take the necessary time to research and investigate ideas, in order to reach considered, conceptually sound and technically feasible design solutions (we are not a sweat shop)
What we are looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 5 years working experience with relevant post graduate qualifications in lighting design.
- You are highly motivated, hardworking and professional.
- You possess strong organisational, interpersonal, and problem-resolution skills.
- You are naturally curious, and passionate about continuous learning of how lighting can improve the way people feel in, and interact with, the built environment.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- You are able to communicate ideas easily through technical hand sketching.
- You are excited by the idea of being involved in the entire lighting design process, including; concept workshops, presentation material production, technical document production, site visits, attending to queries during construction phase, and completion visits.
- While not required for application, it will be a plus if you are able to speak Mandarin.
If successful, salary package and range will be based on your demonstrated skillset, ability, and relevant experience.
If you believe you are the designer we’re looking for, please describe why your reasons for wanting to join the team at TFB and share with us your CV and portfolio.
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org