The Lighting Practice is a team-oriented work place and our design process is collaborative and interactive. Our projects are diverse and challenging – we have designed lighting for exterior environments and façades, public spaces, retail, corporate, academic and healthcare facilities.
We are seeking two talented and motivated individuals with a minimum of three years of experience in architectural lighting design for a variety of project types. Our team welcomes designers with strong communication skills who enjoy working in a team environment.
A Lighting Designer II will work on a variety of project types in a team environment with their Project Manager and other Lighting Designers. Their responsibilities include:
- Coordinate & communicate with allied team members (architect, engineers, manufacturers, etc.)
- Develop lighting design concepts (sketches, renderings, presentations, etc.)
- Validate design concepts against project goals & criteria (calculations, mockups, etc.)
- Plan, produce, and oversee the documentation of the design (drafting, specifications, fixture schedules, etc.)
- Construction administration (submittals, RFI’s, punch visits, etc.)
- May fill the role of Project Manager on smaller projects under the guidance of a Principal
Interested candidates should apply online. Candidates should also send a PDF (max 10 MB) of their qualifications (cover letter, resume, references, and portfolio). Compensation is commensurate with experience. Full-time positions include a complete company paid benefits package.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Lighting Design or a related field (Theater Lighting, Interior Design, Architecture or Architectural Engineering)
- 3+ years of experience in an architectural lighting design role
- Experience working on a project from SD through CA
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and graphic presentations)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Lighting calculation programs (AGI32)
- Auto CAD
- BIM Software (Revit experience is preferred)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- SketchUp, Rhinoceros 3D (Rhino3D), V-Ray, DIVA, 3ds Max experience is a plus, but not required