WSP is currently seeking a Lighting Designer to join our Mechanical & Electrical Department, located at our Vancouver office. Reporting to the this position will be responsible for providing designs for a large variety of high-quality national and international projects, including institutional, commercial, health care, transportation and educational facilities including TI projects, civic plazas, landscape/parks, hotels and restaurants.
- Day to Day project lead and project manager
- Implementation of design concepts
- Perform lighting calculations and use results to inform project decisions
- Lighting layout
- Develop Luminaire cut sheet and schedule
- Daylight harvesting strategies
- Apply day-lighting practices and techniques
- Architectural coordination
- 4 year Architectural, Design or Engineering degree
- 5-8 years of experience in Lighting Design. Project experience submitted for consideration should include projects on which you have actively participated in the project from the design phase through the final construction close-out.
- Strong creative skills
- Knowledge of sustainable lighting strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Suite, AGI32 is required
- Ability to render using Photoshop, 3DS Max and InDesign is preferred
- Familiarity with ASHRAE/IES 90.1 Standards, IES Standards and Guidelines and LEED Standards relative to Lighting