Horton Lees Brogden Lighting Design (HLB) is an internationally recognized design firm focused on architectural lighting for both interior and exterior environments. We are inspired by the artistry of light and its impact on the natural and architectural environment. We infuse our core values of artistry, legacy, curiosity, balance, and integrity into every project.
We look for individuals who are inspired by our values, who seek to learn and in turn teach others, who respect, value and promote the integrity of our work, who care about the impact we make in people’s lives, and who are responsive to our ever-changing world.
Supports the work of 1 or more team members and displays judgement and independent thinking in the design process. Position is 70% designer / 30% project manager.
Achieving Results – Project Responsibilities
- Use critical thinking and discretion in assessing specific project needs and communicating effectively to the project manager.
- Begin to familiarize/learn the process for reviewing monthly fee drafts with Project Manager/Associate/Principal.
- Begins to understand how to apply authorized scope of work to tasks and meet deadlines.
- Assist in managing agendas, meeting minutes, and regular project status communications to build knowledge in these areas.
- Work independently on specific scopes of a project like calculations or documentation.
- Supports the team to produce work efficiently and profitably.
- Assists the project manager in creating labor hour budgets for projects. Working with Clients – Client Responsibilities
- Develop good client and/or related business relationships.
- Enhance HLB’s value to the client and promote the firm.
- Use communication tools to manage client expectations.
Working with Clients – Client Responsibilities
- Starts to develop good client and/or related business relationships – working well with their equal at other firms
- Enhance HLB’s value to the client and promote the firm
- Uses communication tools to manage client expectations
Working with Teammates and Managers – Management Responsibilities
- Exhibit flexibility and cooperation with teammates.
- Manage own work time and priorities and show ability to also do this with the project team.
- Understand good framework for resolving issues.
- Interface among the principals, design/technical staff and business team as needed.
HLB’s Corporate Culture and Values – Responsibilities to HLB initiatives
- Participation in and contribution to procedures and environment that are in the best interest of the firm.
LOCATION: Los Angeles
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Horton Lees Brogden Lighting Design takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
To Apply: Please visit our website: https://hlblighting.com/careers/